If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website privacy and cookies policy was updated on 08.04.16.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to Sharon Ratcliff, Wellbeing Counselling Lincoln, Great Northern House, Great Northern Terrace, Lincoln, LN5 8HJ.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect data to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more of the following tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Sharon Ratcliff, Wellbeing Counselling Lincoln, Great Northern House, Great Northern Terrace, Lincoln, LN5 8HJ.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the wellbeingcounsellinglincoln.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.